Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
Everyone has different definitions of what's healthy and what isn't. To me, this is a healthy cookie recipe because it doesn't have any oil and I also used whole wheat flour. :)
This recipe is in collaboration with Creative Nature Superfoods who sent me their chia seeds. This is not a sponsored recipe and I'm not getting paid for this, but I did get the chia seeds for free. You can use the coupon code FAVE10 to get 10% off anything on their site!
Enjoy this super easy recipe, you probably have most (or hopefully all) of the ingredients on hand already.
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1/2 cup of cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1.5 cups of flour (I used whole wheat but you can use all-purpose flour too)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make your flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Put it aside for 15 minutes until it absorbs the water.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl (the peanut butter, applesauce, sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda).
- When the chia "egg" is done, add that too.
- Mix everything together thoroughly. If it's too dry add a bit more applesauce, if it's too sticky add a bit more flour.
- Line a tray with parchment paper, or grease a tray, or use a silicone baking sheet.
- Place the batter onto a tray leaving a bit of space between the cookies because they'll expand slightly. You don't need to flatten them out or anything.
- Cook for 10-14 minutes. Be careful not to overcook! As soon as they turn a little brown on the edges, they're done. They will look uncooked, but you need to let them sit and cool down for 1 hour and then they'll be perfect.
If you make this please tag me on Instagram @vegan_emily, I would love to see <3