Kidney Bean & Potato Curry
This is my all-time favourite recipe to make! I've made it more times than I can even count. It's hearty, delicious, filling and you're going to have lots of leftovers. :) It's naturally gluten-free and you can easily make it oil-free.
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno or hot pepper of your choice (optional)
- 10 small potatoes
- 1/2 jar of Madras Curry (optional. you can also use your favourite curry paste or just omit completely)
- Greens of your choice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil for sauteeing (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and dice the garlic. Add it to a pot with water or oil to saute. If you're using a spicy pepper, add that too.
- Chop the potatoes into bite-sized chunks and add to the pot.
- Add the can of coconut milk and diced tomatoes.
- Rinse the kidney beans and add those to the pot as well.
- Add the curry paste you're using and then all of the spices.
- Mix well. Bring everything to a boil and then let simmer for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are soft.
- You can add the greens in towards the end if you're adding them
- Serve on its own, with bread, or over rice. Enjoy!
If you make this I'd love to see! Please tag me on Instagram @vegan_emily :)