Cheap & Easy Granola (Gluten-free, Oil-free, Refined Sugar-free)
Granola is something that I use pretty often, but usually I just buy it from the store. It can be pretty expensive for a small bag which doesn't last long around me.
Making your own granola is so much cheaper, and it's not time-consuming either. It took me less than 15 minutes of prep time. The entire process (including cook time and clean up) will be done in less than an hour. And you'll have tons of granola to last you throughout the week!
- 2.5 cups of quick oats
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of SunButter or any nut/seed butter of your choice
- 8 chopped Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup of dried mulberries or raisins (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Measure out your ingredients and add them to a large mixing bowl. It doesn't matter what order you add everything in.
- Once everything is in your bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Line a tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. You can also lightly grease the tray instead.
- Spread the granola out evenly on the tray.
- Put it in the oven for 35 minutes. After 15 minutes, take it out and flip the granola so that it can get crunchy on both sides.
- Once it's done, let it cool completely before you put it in a jar.
- Serve with coconut yogurt, banana ice cream, smoothie bowls, cereal, or just eat as a snack. Enjoy!
If you make this I would love to see, please tag me on Instagram @vegan_emily or send me a DM :)