Lentil, Potato & Kale Stew | Cosori Pressure Cooker
This stew is creamy, filling, gluten-free, oil-free and delicious. This recipe is in collaboration with Cosori Pressure Cooker. It's not sponsored, but I did get the unit for free. I've been wanting a pressure cooker for months ever since I first used one a few years ago, and it's exactly what I was looking for :)
- 2 cups of red lentils
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 inch chunk of ginger
- 6 small potatoes
- 2 cups of broccoli greens or spinach
- 5-6 leaves of kale
- 3 small stalks of celery
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 5 cups of water
- 1 can of lite or full-fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion, potatoes, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger. Place it in the pressure cooker.
- Next, rinse and chop the kale and add that to the pressure cooker too along with the spinach.
- Rinse your lentils and add those too.
- Add the water and the coconut milk.
- Add all of the spices, and mix well.
- Put the lid of the pressure cooker on, and plug the unit in.
- Make sure that the pressure valve is where it shows the lock symbol.
- Press the soup function, then click start.
- When it’s done, the unit will beep. Release the pressure by turning the pressure valve to unlock.
- It will beep again when the pressure is fully released, letting you know when it’s safe to remove the lid. This was my favourite feature of it!
- Serve with rice, and enjoy :)
You can make this in a normal pot the same way you’d make any other stew on the stove. Just add everything to a pot, bring to a boil, and then let simmer. It should take around 45 minutes to 1 hour to cook, you'll know it's done when the potatoes and lentils are soft.
I also filmed a recipe video for this, which is shown below.